> Actually, it seems to be based on the pentameter, with prosy flattening
> as in the 2nd line, which is not inappropriate.

Agree. The problem with the pentameter is that it can so easily drift into
prose, without the right charge it ceases to be the heroic line but shambles
into a stumbling walking gait, like the Wordsworth of The Excursion.

Btw Larence posted a Snap on a Tuesday, and I'm sure he knew it wasn't
Wednesday. Talk about ownership and control: phew.

Best

Dave