> Ha, I recommend it all the time, Stephen. In fact I read it as a kind
> of long prose poems as much as an essay. It's so beautifully put
> together.
>
> Or as a kind of long, poetic-prose, Preface/Prolegomena to her later
> translation of Sappho, If Not, Winter.
To be totally self-serving, or Sappho serving - for ye of short and/or
declining memories - a selection of my 'translations' of Carson's Sappho
appear in a faux ebook:

Sleeping With Sappho
http://www.fauxpress.com/e/vincent/

Ann Carson is reading at SF State Poetry Center this coming Monday -
Though I have acknowledged her Sappho as the source, I have never sent her a
copy of the the entire mss. - not knowing how my improving may be taken, or
whether I should make a further point of the platform off of which my work
took flight.

Stephen V
http://stephenvincent.net/blog/
Currently home of the Tenderly series,