The Poetry Masterclass is that part of the elite male social stratum
that maintains the Patriarchy's hold on the art and requires women to
pretend to be men if they want to publish. The members are usually
the sons of the patriarchs who are too useless to dominate women in
more meaningful ways.

I think that's right.

Mark