Job Opportunity

DIGITISATION ASSISTANT (maternity cover) REF: 06/009
Salary in the range of £14,000 - £16,500 + £3,226 London Allowance pro rata
and generous benefits
32.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, fixed term c6 months

Founded in 1822, the Royal Academy of Music has a distinguished history and an international reputation as a conservatoire of the highest standard. We attract students and staff from over 50 countries worldwide, and enjoy a prestigious location adjacent to Regent's Park in Central London.

We are currently recruiting for a Digitisation Assistant to work on a maternity cover contract within our Technology team. This role provides support for the Academy's digitisation projects aimed at enhancing access to our prestigious Collections. Digital materials include photographs, objects, instruments, scores and other works on paper, as well as sound and film files.

Those wishing to apply must be educated to degree level or equivalent, with experience of working with visual material (including digital image capturing and manipulation skills). Applicants will also need to have excellent communication skills, effective team-working skills, the ability to demonstrate a strong service-driven approach in their work, and the ability to work to deadlines. Experience of liaising with commercial partners and picture libraries would be desirable, as would knowledge and experience of video-editing and/or a multimedia related qualification.

To download an application pack please visit www.ram.ac.uk/jobs or contact Rebecca Maguire, Personnel Department: Tel: 020 7873 7498, Email: [log in to unmask]
Royal Academy of Music, Marylebone Road, London NW1 5HT
Please quote job reference number 06/009

Closing Date: Friday 12th May 2006
Interviews are expected to be held week commencing Monday 15th May 2006
This position is also being advertised externally

The Royal Academy of Music is committed to providing equal opportunities for all.

Regards

Chris Meaneyram.ac.uk