Sent: Fri 2006-05-12 15:56
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OWNERS-ANNOUNCE] System upgrade notice

Dear List Owners,

We need to perform an essential hardware upgrade on the server which
hosts the JISCmail service and this will result in some unavoidable
downtime. To minimize inconvenience to you the intention is to perform
this out of normal office hours on Saturday, May the 27th. The JISCmail
service will be unavailable from approximately 09 :00 am and should be
restored by 14:00 or sooner if everything goes to plan. We will be
increasing the memory and the capacity of our resilient disk storage
array.

During this time our web site and all email distribution will be out of
service. However, any email sent to any JISCmail list during this will
be queued and then distributed again once we resume service, therefore
there will be no loss of any postings.

We will also be taking this opportunity to upgrade LISTSERV to the
latest version, 14.5. This is largely a maintenance release that fixes
several bugs and gives improvements in a number of areas.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]