-----Original Message-----
From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Oliver Davy
Sent: 28 April 2006 10:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Google Earth Success!

Hello all,

Further to my earlier message about using Google Earth (thanks for the
many responses), I can confirm that I got official confirmation from
Google themselves stating that there is no problem using the Free
version
for use by members of the public.

The request was originally handed to the head of Google's education
initiative, who then forwarded it up the chain for further
clarification.
They make mention of "another one that may fall through the cracks in
the
license" so obviously other people have asked them the same question.

Just thought it would be nice for everyone who has assumed it would be
OK
to know that it actually is OK.

Cheers!

Unless stated otherwise the information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential.   If you have received it in error, you are on notice of its status.   It is intended solely for the addressee.   Any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender immediately and delete the email and any attachments from the system.