Apologies for cross posting.

There are still places left on the following course. If you wish to book a place on this course please go to http://www.nowal.ac.uk/training/general_programme/timetable.php?course=199

If you have any questions please contact me (details at the bottom of this e-mail).

31/05/2006
Assertive Communication for Managers - Manchester
10.00 - 16.30
Joule Teaching Room, The Joule Library, The University of Manchester
Tutor - Deborah Dalley

Aim
This course aims to help participants develop skills to deal with difficult interpersonal issues that arise in their role as managers.

Objectives
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
* Recognise the effect behaviour has on the outcome of a situation
* Identify the key elements of assertive communication
* Give and receive positive and negative feedback
* Deal with defensive behaviour
* Manage upwards

Comments from previous attendees on "Assertive Communication for Managers"

"I felt that it was a good and comprehensive course."

"The course has provided me with a useful set of tools, which I can take with me."

I found this course very satisfying, made me recognise that the way I deal with situations can have an effect on the rest of the team."

"Deborah led a fun and informative course ...  the teaching was warm and open which was great."

Cost of Course
£55 NoWAL members
£100 Non-NoWAL members

Book a place on this course
http://www.nowal.ac.uk/training/general_programme/timetable.php?course=199

Gil Young
NoWAL Support Officer

NoWAL: Widening access to library resources and improving learning and information support services through innovation, influence and partnership.

Minshull House
47-49 Chorlton Street
Manchester
M1 3EU