dear alan and karl,

yes, what you say not only makes sense to me but shifts the focus to the nature of the ‘radical transformation’ of science that is required in order to ‘get to the inclusional understanding’.

my sense is, that we have to convert the ‘observer’ who ‘sees’ what’s going on ‘out there’ and ‘responds’ to it, .... to an ‘experient’ who senses inclusion in the world dynamic, ... in which case the orientation shifts away from ‘what logic he uses’ as well as ‘the manner he uses logic’, ...

in re-casting the ‘observer’ as the ‘experient’, ... the inadequacy of our sense of visual perception becomes apparent, since we cannot SEE ourselves as included within the dynamic we are observing.    this is the paradox of mars retrograde motion, ... we can see mars moving in a funny way because it is not mars movement but beyond-object-based-motion that we, as observer, are experientially included in.  it is by ‘intuitive intellection’ that we understand this, ... and it is a crude expedient to simply shift the center of the universe to the center of the sun, in order to explain it (as poincaré points out by showing how it is nonsense to claim that ‘the earth rotates’ (attributing to the earth its own motion), galileo’s insight was not that the center of the universe simply shifts to the center of the sun, which is equivalent to making space absolute, but that it makes less sense to assume that it is coincidental for all of the stars to move around us with the same diurnal and annual cycle patterns etc. than to assume that the commonality of these cycles is due to the motion of the earth relative to the stars, ... this manner of understanding not requiring us to impose an absoluteness to space by giving it a fixed center).

so, this relates to the need for radical transformation of science, .... since science cannot get out ‘inclusionality’ (to ‘see’ itself as included in what it is looking out at); i.e. as long as we think in terms of understanding in terms of something we ‘achieve’ by means of ‘something we do’ (apply logic, think, visually perceive, ‘sense’ in terms of being an independent ‘sensing device’ etc.), all of which require a ‘center of active understanding’ (individual consciousness).

in other words, not only do we have to radically transform our notion of science, in order to get to inclusionality, we have to radically transform our understanding of ‘who we are’ (transform ourselves from ‘observers’ of the world out there to a-centric ‘experients’ of inner-outer inclusion in the world).   these two needed transformations seem to be the same thing expressed in different ways (the nature of consciousness, the nature of our somatic dynamics; i.e. the nature of ‘mind’ and ‘matter’).

regards,

ted