Dear All,
Last year I had asked you about the clinical prediction rules you
currently use, and compiled a (short) list. We are going to ask you to
do a survey on these shortly, but just wanted to get a full listing
before we do. So can I ask you to check the list below and add any other
clinical prediction rules/score that you use in clinical practice?

Ottawa ankle rules for ankle fracture
Framingham CVD 5-year risk score (eg Rod Jackson's)
Simplified Walsh strep throat rule (5 items)
Wells DVT rules
Whooley 2-questions for depression (or the new 3-question version)
Appendicitis - Alvarado score
Mini-cog for dementia
Ottawa cervical spine rule
Ottawa knee rule for knee fracture
Pneumonia mortality rule
Bishop score for cervical ripening for prediction of induction of labor.
Apgar score for neonatal asphyxia.
ABCD rule for stroke risk after a TIA

Many thanks,
--

Paul Glasziou
Director, Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine,