Hi

I thought this event may be of interest to list members, apologies if
you receive this more than once...
---

CETIS are organising an event to discuss developments in Personal
Learning Environments (PLEs) and would like to invite you to join us.
It will be held on Wednesday 7th June in Manchester.

'What is a PLE? The future or just another buzz word?'

Participants will learn more about the CETIS PLE project - see:

http://www.cetis.ac.uk/members/ple/resources/ple_summary

We have been working on developing the definition, scope and a reference
model for PLEs and have also developed desktop and portal based
prototypes. At this meeting we would like to share with you our progress
so far, current status, and plans for future work, and to gather your
views on our progress so far.

The event will also include presentations from others working on PLEs.
There will be opportunity for discussions about current work and future
developments.

For more details and to register, please go to:
http://www.cetis.ac.uk/members/pedagogy/articles/PLE/

We hope to see you there for what should be an interesting event!

thanks

Lisa

Lisa Corley
CETIS  (Centre for Educational Technology & Interoperability Standards)
University of Bolton
Deane Road, Bolton,  BL3 5AB

Tel: +44(0)1204 903851
Fax: +44(0)1204 399074