This post on the Net-Gold and Educator-Gold lists may be useful in your
quest for information regarding certain issue pertinent to those with
disabilities in higher education.

From: "David P. Dillard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon May 29, 2006  8:28 am
Subject: EDUCATION: COLLEGE: STUDENTS : DISABLITIES: EDUCATION AND
TRAINING: Needs Values Barriers and Benefits of Higher Education Those
with Disabilities: A Selection of Recent Articles
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Net-Gold/message/12999>

Regarding finding of statistical data, major research libraries that are
public libraries or academic libraries may carry International Statistics,
Statistics Reference Index and American Statisitics Index, all of which
should be consulted to determine if there are any statistical data
sources covered in each of these publications pertinent to your research.

Some of the articles cited in the Net-Gold post cited above will also have
demographic, population or statistical studies as part of the research
methodologies used.

Also consider these somewhat older studies not listed in my Net-Gold post.

Students with Developmental Disabilities Go to College: Description of a
Collaborative Transition Project on a Regular College Campus.
Dolyniuk, Chrystina A.; Kamens, Michele Wilson; Corman, Hope; DiNardo,
Paulette Opipery; Totaro, Rebecca M.; Rockoff, Jessica Corman.
Focus on Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities,
Winter 2002  v. 17  no. 4  p. 236

Case studies of postsecondary college students with learning disabilities.
Bradshaw, Yvonne Mary
Dissertation Abstracts International Section A:
Humanities and Social Sciences, Vol 62(2-A), August 2001

Disability eligibility issues and university student assessment outcomes.
Crank, Joe N.; Deshler, Donald D.
Journal of Vocational Rehabilitation
2001  v. 16  no. 3 / 4  p. 217

Demographic, cognitive and academic factors that predict graduation for
learning disabled college students.   Merladet, John; Dissertation
Abstracts International Section A:
Humanities and Social Sciences,
v. 61 (7-A)  February 2001. p. 2596

Lots of luck with your research.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
Net-Gold
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/net-gold>
<http://listserv.temple.edu/archives/net-gold.html>
General Internet & Print Resources
<http://library.temple.edu/articles/subject_guides/general.jsp>
<http://www.learningis4everyone.org/>
<http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/ringleaders/davidd.html>
Digital Divide Network
<http://www.digitaldivide.net/profile/jwne>
Educator-Gold
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Educator-Gold/>

On Wed, 24 May 2006, Marina Madalina Muscan wrote:

> Dear collegues,

> I am conducting a resarch regarding the need for education for the disabled
> people (especially deaf and blind people). The main idea is that people with
> higher edducation have better jobs then people with lower education and
> people with disabilities do not find jobs because some of them are lack high
> edducation due to access problems that do not allow them to attend univerity
> courses. But until now I did not found any official statistic regarding the
> rate of unemployment and disability. Can anyone tell me where can I find
> such statistic data?

> I will appreciate any help you can give me.

> Sincerly yours,
> Marina Muscan

This Disability-Research Discussion list is managed by the Centre for Disability Studies at the University of Leeds (www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies). Enquiries about the list administratione should be sent to [log in to unmask]
Archives and tools are located at: