Apologies for cross-posting but I thought this would be of interest to a
number of you on this list. Lots of you have been helpful in my efforts
to add DC metadata to all our content so I thought the least I could do
was let you know about the doctoral research prize money we're giving
away ...

HAVE YOU MADE THE MOST OF YOUR DOCTORAL RESEARCH?

Three Awards of EUR1,500 (AND the offer of publication in an Emerald
journal) are available for those who have completed LIS-related
doctorates between 1 June 2004 and 1 June 2006. But THE CLOSING DATE for
applications is 1 June 2006!

The three LIS subject areas are:
1. Library studies (sponsored by Library Hi Tech)
2. Enterprise applications of internet technology (sponsored by Internet
Research)
3. Information science (sponsored by the Journal of Documentation)

Please see our simple submission requirements (including the online
application form) at
http://www.emeraldinsight.com/info/researchers/funding/doctoralawards/in
dex.jsp

If you cannot apply yourself, please pass this information on to someone
who could!

--
Jim Bowden
Research and Publishing Adviser