No helmet wars here.

But when nearly run over while on a rural road on my road bike and
remonstrating with the driver, I was knocked back by him shouting at me
'where's your helmet'. Sheer ignorance. Touch wood I am lucky that I have
not had an accident on the road since I was a child, however these days I
wear a helmet more often than during my early twenties. However i still
like to be respected as a vulnerable road user hemet or no helmet.