Apologies for cross postings. Please see below for details of this post. If you have any queries, please email me ([log in to unmask]). Please note the closing date is next Wednesday.

Geography Department

Lecturer/Reader in Health and Risk

£28,829 - £43,850 per annum

Applicants should have a record of excellence in research and teaching, and an emerging international reputation (or established international profile for Reader level appointment) for research within one or more of the following areas: changes in socio-economic/physical environmental risks to population health and associations with health trends; differential socio-geographical trajectories according to health status and the relationship with health risk over the lifecourse; theoretical understandings of how place and individual characteristics interact to influence health risk; international variability in health and risk.

Further details of the post and an application form are available on our website (https://jobs.dur.ac.uk) or Tel: 0191 334 6499; fax: 0191 334 6495

Reference number     1365              Closing date 10 May 2006

The University is an equal opportunities employer, and we positively welcome applications from applicants regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or disability.

Dr Rachel Pain

Department of Geography

University of Durham

Science Site

Durham DH1 3LE

England

+44 (0)191 3341876

email [log in to unmask]

http://www.geography.dur.ac.uk/Clusters/Default.aspx?alias=www.geography.dur.ac.uk/clusters/swsj

Editor

ACME: An International E-Journal for Critical Geographies
http://www.acme-journal.org

Participatory Geographies Working Group

http://www.geog.leeds.ac.uk/research/pygywebsite/