Subject: [anarchist.academics] Radical Academics event, 24th of May at the
Square Social Centre, London
From:    "antonymous" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:    Thu, May 4, 2006 2:29 pm
To:      [log in to unmask]

Dear friends,

Here's is the information on our Radical Academics event, to take
place on May 24 at The Square Social Centre in London (see
www.londonsocialcentre.org.uk for directions). It would be great to
see you all there - please forward this message to whoever you think
might be interested in attending.

Many thanks,

Antonis

======================Radical Academics in Neoliberal University Inc:
Experiences and Horizons

Join us for an evening of talks, screenings, discussions and a late
evening social at the Square Social Centre, London WC1. Wednesday 24th
of May, 6-11pm.

Universities across the UK and the US are increasingly driven by a
strict corporate logic, leaving less space for alternative, radical
voices to be heard. Anarchists were among the first to be hit hard by
this: in the US, Ward Churchill (University of Colorado) and David
Graeber (Yale University) have been the first victims of a
neo-McCarthyist wave.

Using the opportunity of David Graeber?s visit to the UK we are
putting together an event to discuss the experiences, horizons and
prospects of radical  academics working in Neoliberal University Inc
today;  to find out more about repression against them  and how we can
  help; but also to learn from each others positive experiences,
strengthen our links and discuss alternative educational structures!

Speakers to include:

Massimo De Angelis (University of East London, UK)
David Graeber (Yale University, US)
Ed Emery (Universitas adversitatis) (tbc!)

If you want to talk at the event, get yourself some very basic (but
free!) accommodation or simply let us know you are coming,

e-mail [log in to unmask]

Weds 24th of May 6-11pm

www.londonsocialcentre.org.uk

Free & open to ALL!

--
"I don't believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is vertical, so
it's humiliating. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is