Hi,

I would recommend a publication called 'Irish Society' which
ran
from 1888 to 1917. Its full of information about
aristocratic society
life and gossip, and its very seasonal. Being published in
Dublin, it is
almost exclusively about the city and its surrounding
amenities. Its
held in the NLI.

Best
Aoife

> Hi
>
> I need some help with a paper I am preparing and I
> wondered whether anyone has any information or ideas about
> Ascendancy visitors to Irish seaside resorts in the
> nineteenth century? I am interested especially in the
> social purposes that  were served by visiting the seaside
> and activities carried out there.
>
> I'd also like to know more about the Turkish Baths that
> were built in Bray in 1859 - again, especially who used
> them and any contemporary comments about the Baths or from
> their users.
>
> Look forward to hearing from you,
> Best wishes
> Tricia (Cusack)