This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. ---------------
The Oral History Society (UK - based, but with an international membership / reputation) is a very good place to go to for advice etc

Their excellent website is http://www.ohs.org.uk/

The Oral History Society has a 'Regional Network' of experts, and there are three individuals listed in the 'London' region which you may wish to consider contacting...

Annette Day, Curator of Oral History, Museum of London, London Wall, London EC2Y 5HN.  Tel 020 7814 5759.

Rob Perks, Curator of Oral History, British Library Sound Archive, 96 Euston Road, London NW1 2DB.  Tel 020 7412 7405.  Email [log in to unmask]

Mike Turner, 37 Tatchbury House, Tunworth Crescent, London SW15 4PF.  Tel 020 8878 0825.  Email [log in to unmask]

I myself was speaking with Rob Perks just a few hours ago, about a query of my own.  He is a real expert in the field of oral history and I would certainly recommend a chat with him.

Adam

Julie Wakefield <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. ---------------
I am planning to record oral history interviews on minidiscs. Does anyone know the software/hardware I need in order to transfer the recordings from minidisc to CD?
Julie Wakefield
Assistant Keeper
Museum of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society
The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST

To help you stay safe and secure online, we've developed the all new Yahoo! Security Centre. The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST