On Fri, 2006-04-28 at 11:14 +0100, Mona Aggarwal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At our site CE has a high cpu load when edginfo and rgma
> runs the script /opt/lcg/bin/lcg-info-generic with a config file
> /opt/lcg/etc/lcg-info-generic.conf.
>
> Dynamic scripts takes less than a sec to run.
>
> /opt/lcg/libexec/lcg-info-dynamic-ce
> /opt/lcg/libexec/lcg-info-dynamic-software
>
> This is causing our site to drift in and out of the BDII.
>
> Any idea how to solve this problem?

Hi Mona,

I've had exactly this problem.  As you've found, the RGMA-GIP code
directly calls the information provider scripts fairly continunously,
and uses what appears to be a *horribly* inefficient parser to extract
the relevant data.

I've mitigated this problem on my site by replacing the call to
lcg-info-wrapper to a call to `ldapsearch` so that it will re-use the
data already collected by the local MDS!

See also:
https://wiki.gridpp.ac.uk/wiki/IC-LeSC#CE:_Make_RGMA-GIN_slightly_less_moronic
https://savannah.cern.ch/bugs/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=13969

Cheers,
David
--
David McBride <[log in to unmask]>
Department of Computing, Imperial College, London