The International Bibliography of the Social Sciences (IBSS) is looking for
new members from the UK user community to join its Steering Committee.

IBSS is the essential online resource for social science and
interdisciplinary research. It includes over two million bibliographic
records relating to the four core social science subjects of anthropology,
economics, politics and sociology. Since 1989 it has been produced by The
London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). Thanks to funding
from the Economic and Social Research Council IBSS is free of charge to all
UK HE and FE institutions, UK government departments, and ESRC-recognised
research centres. The IBSS Steering Committee is the forum by which users
of the ESRC-funded service offer feedback on its performance and help shape
the direction of its future development. The Committee currently comprises
representation from ESRC, from the service provider, Ovid Technologies, and
from key players in the academic information landscape - such as JISC and
SOSIG - as well as from the UK user community.

In order to ensure that their needs are well represented we would like to
invite more IBSS users to join the Committee. You should be actively
involved in social science research and a user of IBSS, though it doesn't
matter whether you are a new or longstanding, frequent or occasional user.
We would benefit greatly from your input. You in turn would get an
opportunity to have a say in the future direction of this important
resource and more widely to keep abreast of developments in academic
information resource provision.

The Committee meets twice a year in Spring and Autumn at the LSE. We can
reimburse travel expenses for members travelling from outside London. For
more on the IBSS Steering Committee terms of reference and current
membership please see
http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/IBSS/about/steeringCommittee.htm

If you might be interested in joining, or would like further information,
please contact the chair of the Steering Committee David Waller,  School of
Social Sciences, University of Northampton
<[log in to unmask]>; or Rebecca Ursell, IBSS Manager

This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended recipient only.  If you are not the intended recipient you are strictly prohibited from using, printing, copying, distributing or disseminating this e-mail or any information contained in it.

We virus scan all E-mails leaving The University of Northampton but no warranty is given that this E-mail and any attachments are virus free.  You should undertake your own virus checking.  The right to monitor E-mail communications through our networks is reserved by us.