Apologies for cross posting.

The following job vacancies have recently been advertised with both the Records Management Society of GB and the Society of Archivists.  I would be grateful if you could bring these to the attention of anyone you feel may be interested.

LANCASHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL

RECORDS MANAGEMENT SERVICE

Records Manager/Senior Records Manager x2

Ref: EC/S/972/PM

Scale 6/SO2:  £20,895 to £26,928 a year.

37 hours a week at Lancashire Record Office, Bow Lane, Preston.

We have a wonderful opportunity for two committed and enthusiastic professionals to join our Records Management Service at an exciting time as we start to implement our corporate electronic records management system.  As part of our busy and well established team, you will have the opportunity to work on challenging projects and a chance to develop and apply a wide range of professional skills.

Essential: You must have an honours degree and a recognised post-graduate qualification in archive administration, records management or equivalent, a detailed knowledge of records management practices and standards in a hybrid environment and a sound understanding of relevant legislation and compliance issues. You must have good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate clearly and effectively, and work accurately and under pressure. You must have experience of working with customers and as part of a team. You must also be self motivated, with problem-solving and organisational and ICT skills.

If you are a student who is studying for a postgraduate qualification, you are welcome to apply.  You must be a registered member of the Society of Archivists or equivalent and have experience of working in records management to progress above £22,293.

Closing date: 19 May 2006.

Interview date: 19 June 2006.

Informal discussion: Rachel Moffat, County Records Manager on 01772 533312.

Apply online at: www.lancashire.gov.uk/vacancies or email: [log in to unmask].

Tel: 01772 531747, 24hr answerphone.

Rachel Moffat

County Records Manager

Records Management Service

Lancashire County Council

01772 5-33312

This e-mail contains information intended for the addressee only.

It may be confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or professional privilege.

If you are not the addressee you are not authorised to disseminate, distribute, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment to it

The content may be personal or contain personal opinions and unless specifically stated or followed up in writing, the content cannot be taken to form a contract or to be an expression of the County Council's position.

Lancashire County Council reserves the right to monitor all incoming and outgoing email

Lancashire County Council has taken reasonable steps to ensure that outgoing communications do not contain malicious software and it is your responsibility to carry out any checks on this email before accepting the email and opening attachments.

A 4-star council: awarded top marks by the Audit Commission