-----Original Message-----
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Susan
Mansfield
Sent: 06 April 2006 13:21
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Version Control Standards

Hi All,

We need to track versions manually and are doing so through our naming
convention, adding a version number to the document name. We think we've
come up with as simple a process as possible. I know that simplicity
does compromise the finer nuances of version control but is the
compromise we wanted to make.

My comment is that NOBODY GETS IT!

We are training Records Management Champions in person on this (to
cascade it on). They are possibly more inclined towards records
management. Yet I am met with a  sea of blank faces each time I
introduce the version control topic. I wish I had just used single,
whole incremental numbers, v1, v2, v3 etc.

If anyone is introducing any form of version control the lessons we have
learnt are to give a great deal of though to how you will introduce it
and how you will explain it to people whatever format it actually takes.

Regards,

Susan

Susan Mansfield
Records Manager