The experience that led to it sounds as neat as the result, Barry.

I hope they record this...

Doug
On 5-Apr-06, at 11:12 AM, Barry Alpert wrote:

> FLUGUFRELSARINN [THE FLY FREER]
>
>  [via Sigur Ros & for Arni Ibsen]
>

> Amber<>Water.
>
> Cutthroat?
>
> Salmo salar.
>
> Green<>Salmon.
>

> Triumphal romantic release,
>
> mimeticized.
>

> Barry Alpert / Silver Spring, MD US / 4-5-06 (1:09 PM)
>

> Words (slightly revised) which came to mind during a wordless
> performance
> (with subtly designed lighting) by the Kronos Quartet of an
> arrangement of
> the Icelandic group Sigur Ros’ composition.  The program notes
> intrigued me
> in advance of my initial experience of the music by summing up the
> original
> narrative as an attempt to rescue helpless flies in a lake from the
> jaws of
> approaching salmon.

Douglas Barbour
11655 - 72 Avenue NW
Edmonton  Ab  T6G 0B9
(780) 436 3320
Latest book: Continuations (with Sheila E Murphy)
http://www.uap.ualberta.ca/UAP.asp?LID=41&bookID=664

That’s not a cross look it’s a sign of life

			Frank O’Hara