> > As did Borges in "Three Versions of Judas" some
> time
> > ago.
> >
> > Very much last millenium's news.
>
> > RH
>
> Indeed, Robin. I thought of mentioning Borges along
> with James Wright's 'St
> Judas'.

I don't know the Wright poem -- could you post it
(lazy me) or a URL to it, dave?

Surprised no one already drew attention to the Borges
piece -- bit obvious really.

Dom's point about Gnosticism basically says it all --
old hat, but.

Mind you, when I got called on this, I began to wuffle
-- the human body vs. the divine body, nah?

But my text of the Nag Hammadi Library is on the wrong
side of The Pond.

Interesting that the Da Vinci Code fiasco is blowing
up at the same time that Yet Another Gnostic Gospel
surfaces -- me, I blame it on the suppression of the
Knights Templar.

The Gospel of Thomas (aka The Secret Sayings of Jesus)
ain't that bad, but there's something indicative when
the most interesting descriptions of Gnosticism are in
Iraneus' refutations rather than the primary Gnostic
material itself.

Or am I missing something in this involuted Masonic
Conspiracy?

Robin the Universal Rodent

    or /

Strelnikov the Stakhanovite Pedant