Rebecca Seiferle wrote:

>Hey, Martin, how are you at 62 (is it?)?

Generally worse than ever, with so-so intervals, thanks.

> that's
>interesting about the lavender laborers, and that
>sniffing handkerchiefs impregnated with lavender oil
>(that's a poetic and pregnant phrase!) was practicing
>medicine and defeating death and the plague.  I guess
>I will have to consider that it's purely medicinal
>next time I take to a lavender  bath, though maybe
>not. . .

Oh, it's not *purely* medicinal... ;-)

> And interesting too, the combination of
>teatree and eucalyptus, those antipodeal plants, with
>lavender to remedy sinustis and brochial problems.
>I'll have to keep it in mind when my allergies are
>acting up, don't tell me you snore too? But,
>seriously, yes, I guess herbs are better than
>prescriptions, even if your sinus remedy sounds like
>my shampoo.

Maybe if I'd shampooed with those antipodean plants I wouldn't have
sinusitis.

> And welcome back from your walkoff or
>walk around or walkabout, and thanks for your
>comments

It was more like a winter snuffles lie-around. I did have a good time in
Lancaster at the Knowledge Lab (some of it's online I think) organized
by friends on the subject of the impact of technologies - to talk with
all kinds of generally much younger people passionate about the world we
are making was an infusion of warm air amid the glacial environment of
lies & destruction seeping through our bones & braincells. And there was
that tremendous performance of Schoenberg's violin concerto (my
favourite) by Hilary Hahn in Frankfurt.

>best,
>
>Rebecca

Best to you too - I'm very glad to "hear" your voice again -
Martin

--
M.J.Walker - no blog - no webpage - no idea

Nous ne faisons que nous entregloser. - Montaigne