I am no Biblical scholar, but with the revelation about this Judas Gospel, I
am wondering why no one has played up the Judas/Scooter Libby connection.
I mean Libby has spilled the beans on both Cheney and Bush to Fitzgerald,
the Justice Department's special counsel on this Valerie Plame case.
But, as with Judas, can't we see Libby's behavior as not that of a
self-serving  snitch, but as someone who is also involved in the production
of a miracle - in this case, the resignation or impeachment of both Bush and
Cheney.
I suspect both of them - for all their professed love and emulation of
Christ's will - will probably reject the opportunity to go out nailed to a
cross -  but Adobe Photo Shop in the hands of the Christian right, I
suspect, will come up with those details.

It will be interesting to see if democracy gets this miracle and/or
alternatively a distracting 'little' nuclear heave-ho in Iran.

In the meantime, go-Hispanics, go Latinos. A real breath of fresh air.

Everly optimistic!

Stephen V