Sonnet:  Calm Headland

Security news is grim, but, revisionist history aside,
we have nothing new in our buffer cache. Tamil
tigers occupy most of the known universe, empiricists
in full retreat, safe now only on this calm headland.

Redeployed, the armies of the poor pursue the issue.
In their floppy sandals., they seem contentious and yet
conscientious, bio-weapons at the ready. No simple matter,
that dedicated band of shock troops. The imaginative

dropping of information from rickety aeroplanes,
those unexcised by the budget knife. O rapid Republic!
This planet's a risky business. Fallacious manuscripts
burgeoned among the world's libraries, now often

closed, except for Tuesdays and alternate Saturdays.
Dead souls up on the roof, praying only for peace.

Hal

Halvard Johnson
http://home.earthlink.net/~halvard
http://entropyandme.blogspot.com