From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Paton, Hugh
Sent: 24 April 2006 12:16
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Plasma screens in libraries

Dear List,

we have been approached by a company offering a plasma display screen for use in a library, which would carry advertising (of an approved range of advertisers) for 50 minutes per hour, with 10 minutes for any library material. It would be free for us, which is of course the attraction.

Another option is to pay for screens but have full control over content displayed.

We are unsure at present - is it really a solution in search of a problem?

I would be grateful to hear from anyone using plasma screens in libraries - cost, what they are used for, are they useful/economic, have they made a difference, etc etc.

Thanks

Hugh Paton

Library Development Manager - Bexley Council

This Email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that
you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing or copying of the email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please notify Bexley Council by
telephone on +44 (0) 20 8303 7777.

Web Site: http://www.bexley.gov.uk