***Apologies for cross posting***

---Reminder---

The next Reading Evening meeting is tomorrow night - Tuesday 4 April

Anne Brice will be speaking on User-friendly evidence-based practice: using research can be fun!

What does evidence based practice mean? Are we doing it already? How can we use some simple tools and techniques to improve our use of research?

These and other questions will be covered in this brief introduction to evidence-based practice, drawing on examples drawn from practical experience. Evidence-based practice involves applying the results from research to our day-to-day practice as information staff, in order to improve the service we provide our users.

This topic should be of interest to all information professionals, whether new or established, and working in all areas.

Anne Brice is currently Acting Head of Service for the National Library for Health in England. Anne's current professional interests include evidence based practice, e-learning in evidence-based health care, mentoring and professional development, knowledge quality, and the information professionals role in facilitating knowledge management.

Time: 6.00 for 6.30 pm
Venue: Great Expectations, 33 London Street, Reading, Berkshire, RG14PS www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=471801&y=173139&z=0&ar=Y

BBOD meetings are free and open to all with a professional interest in the topic. Refreshments provided afterwards.

Please advise Norman Briggs, BBOD Events Co-ordinator, if you plan to attend
Tel: 0118 987 1115 or [log in to unmask]

Information about events run by the Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire District of CILIP
www.cilip.org.uk/branches/byregion/bbod.html