Hello everyone,

A reminder to book your hotel rooms for the SDS conference.  The Hyatt
Bethesda is our conference hotel-- the majority of conference activities
will take place in the hotel (aside from special events), and the Metro
public transportation train to Washington DC is right next to the hotel, as
is a row of shops and many, many restaurants right behind the hotel about 2
blocks away.  They also have one of the highest numbers of accessible rooms
in the DC area; however, these go quickly for SDS conference so please book
early. Most hotels in the nearby neighborhood are quite a bit higher in
price as this is the high summer season in DC.  SDS also is able to get
free meeting room space if we meet our hotel sleeping room block so we
encourage you to consider using this conference hotel.

The hotel is currently sold out the days of the conference so the only way
to get a room is to book through the SDS website with a direct link for the
SDS conference rates. You can directly book on a secure site by going to
the SDS website and selecting the Hotel Reservation Online button (likewise
you can call the hotel and say you are with the SDS conference but this
takes longer)

http://www.uic.edu/orgs/sds/annualmeetings.html

The conference rate for the hotel ends MAY 15 at which time they move to
market rate which is at least $50-100 more. Please let us know in central
office if you have any questions.

This Disability-Research Discussion list is managed by the Centre for Disability Studies at the University of Leeds (www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies). Enquiries about the list administratione should be sent to [log in to unmask]

Archives and tools are located at: