From: "Mental Health Action Group" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "Colin Revell" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Fw: Adult Protection Research
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 16:23:27 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: lisa pinkney
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 5:51 AM
Subject: Adult Protection Research

FAO David Glennister

Dear David

I was given your contact details from John Curry and I have been trying to
phone on 585244 but the message box is full, so I thought the next best
thing would be to email!

The reason for getting in touch is concerning some DoH funded research in
adult protection that we are conducting (our project is based at the
University of Sheffield, led by Bridget Penhale and Jill Manthorpe, but was
previously based at Hull University, hence the connection with John Curry!).
We are hoping to conduct some focus groups and/or individual interviews with
service users about issues in adult protection.

We have already had feedback from social services and health professionals,
and the third stage of our research is to speak to people who have knowledge
(or not!) of adult protection procedures. We are particularly keen to get
views from people who suffer from mental health problems, as we already have
spoken to various other service user and carer groups and just need to chat
to people who are possibly represented in your group.

I have attached some information about the project and would be grateful if
you could let me know whether this would be of interest to your group
members. Please get in touch also if you would like any further information
or anything clarifying.

Best wishes

Lisa

Lisa Pinkney
Research Associate
Partnership and Regulation in Adult Protection
University of Sheffield
School of Nursing and Midwifery
301 Glossop Road
S10 2HL
Tel: 01723 871197  /0114 222 8314
Mobile: 07866 512741
Email: [log in to unmask]

This Disability-Research Discussion list is managed by the Centre for Disability Studies at the University of Leeds (www.leeds.ac.uk/disability-studies). Enquiries about the list administratione should be sent to [log in to unmask]

Archives and tools are located at: