- CALL FOR PAPERS - CALL FOR PAPERS -  CALL FOR PAPERS - CALL FOR PAPERS - CALL FOR PAPERS -  CALL FOR PAPERS -

Fast Forward - Art history, curation and practice after media

CHArt TWENTY-SECOND ANNUAL CONFERENCE, Thursday 9 - Friday 10 November 2006, London venue to be confirmed.

Everything is changing. In particular our media are changing and developing in extraordinary and unprecedented ways and with great rapidity. This is particularly true of so-called 'new media', such as the Internet and the World Wide Web, mobile telephony, and digital video. All of these either enable us to do things we did before differently, or more often and more easily, or to do things we could previously barely imagine. This is transforming how we understand and use what we still call 'media', even as we enter a 'post-media' age. More dramatically, these developments are in the process of transforming not just our world, but our very selves, how we understand who we are. We are in the midst of dramatic shifts in terms of the paradigms by which we understand and act in the world. This is being acknowledged increasingly by those working in visual culture, whether in cultural production or cultural heritage, in art practice or in the history of art, in museums, in galleries or in other kinds of arts organisations, in libraries and archives, or in broadcast and media production companies, all of which are facing up to the consequences of rapid technological and cultural change.

For the 2006 CHArt Conference we are looking for proposals for papers that deal with the possibilities, challenges and problems of these changes, as they affect visual culture, in areas including (but not limited to):

Art Practice; Art History; Museums; Galleries; Curation; Archives; Libraries; Education; Media and Broadcast Production; Cultural Assets Management and Access; Hardware; Software; Theory; Practice

Please email submissions (a three hundred word synopsis of the proposed paper with CV of presenter/s and other key figures) by 31 May 2006 to Hazel Gardiner ([log in to unmask]).

Dr Charlie Gere

Chair, CHArt

CHArt

c/o Centre for Computing in the Humanities

Kings College, University of London

Kay House

7 Arundel Street

WC2R 3DX

- CALL FOR PAPERS - CALL FOR PAPERS -  CALL FOR PAPERS – CALL FOR PAPERS - CALL FOR PAPERS -  CALL FOR PAPERS -