I have produced our BVPI for contaminated land and concern has been
raised by management as it is quite low (3.3% approx). I would be
interested to know what other LAs have been achieving for their BVPIs?

Our BVPI was calculated as follows:
1. I used a baseline figure from April 05. 1003
2. Then calculated the number of sites where there is sufficient
information to decide whether remediation is or is not necessary from
planning and Part IIA routes.
3. Then 33/1003 = 3.3%

One problem that I have encountered is that we have been made aware of
more than 33 potentially contaminated sites that were previously not on
our Part IIA list (through planning and complaints). This meaning that
the BVPI for number of sites of potential concern for next year will
increase. So our other BVPI for next year, if we deal with a similar
number of sites will drop slightly (3.1% I guess). Have any other Local
Authorities experienced a similar situation?

Also I was wondering how the BVPIs will be assessed as there are no
targets. I seem to recall that the first BVPI should decrease and the
second increase thus illustrating that the LA is reducing the amount of
potentially contaminated sites in its district. Is this correct?

Many thanks for all of your advice with my previous query on placing
determinations on a public register.

The information contained in this transmission may be
confidential and may also be the subject of legal
professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient,
any use, disclosure or copying of any part of this transmission
is unauthorised. If you have received this transmission in
error, please notify the originator immediately.

www.southoxon.gov.uk

PLEASE HELP US TO REDUCE WASTE BY ONLY PRINTING THIS EMAIL IF IT IS ABSOLUTELY
NECESSARY.