I note that the above bulletin indicates that DEFRA are not going to issue any SGV or TOX reports in the near future.  If the issue was solely related to the use of SGVs in Part IIA, then I am not sure why further reports should not be published.

Putting a hold on publishing the reports suggests to me that there is some concern over BOTH the tox data and the CLEA model (from which SGVs are produced).  Therefore, is there not a concern that the recommendations of previous TOX reports are questionable?  If so, the previously issued SGVs must also be questionable?

Given this, DEFRA must provide a clear indication of the way forward, at least in the short term NOW, not once work is further advanced - developers are not going to sit and wait for this mess to be sorted out!!  Does this mean that regulators will now accept international guideline values, which have not been questioned by their own country's watchdog??!!

Jeremy Hucker