Dear Gary,

I hate multiple dialog boxes myself, but we have to provide some kind of
error handling. Both data model and code are very complex and it is easy
to go wrong. If, as you say, people call e.g. makeIntermediatePeak with
inappropriate parameters we have to let them know, otherwise they might be
getting and using an incorrect result.

What kind of behaviour do you think would be appropriate for the situation
where people call a function with inappropriate parameters?

Yours,

Rasmus

Dr. Rasmus H. Fogh                  Email: [log in to unmask]
Dept. of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge,
80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK.     FAX (01223)766002