Dear Steve,

In the current release you should be able to do the following, which I
have found invaluable in assigning peaks in 13C NOESY spectra.

If you set the number of marks to 10 and then use the link peak lists to
roots pop-up and cycle through all of the peaks in the carbon HMQC for the
selected spin system, and then go back to the first one, you will find
that all of the positions for all the intra-residue peaks are marked.

Before you move on to your next spin system you need to remove marks from
the spectra using the right mouse button on any spectrum window.

You can also mark peaks from peak lists, so in theory this is another way
to do this.

I have been given a sneak-preview of the next release and it will make
these operations both a lot smoother. But I have managed thus far with the
suggestions above.

Bryn

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006, Stephen Paisey wrote:

> Dear Developers,
> A feature I would find useful would be something to select or highlight all
> peaks in a current spin system (preferably in all currently open windows).
> The way i would envisage this working would be to left click on a peak in a
> spectral window to select it and then right click to bring up an option
> (perhaps under the assign menu) along the lines of "select/reveal all spin
> system peaks".
> This would be useful in two ways first it would save me a lot of time when
> searching for potential connections in complicated areas of my spectra with
> overlapping spin systems (of which there are many) and secondly it would
> make it immediatley obvious if a spin system had been set up wrongly with
> too many or too few peaks in it.
> Another perhaps complimentary approach would be to have a check box in the
> "link peaklists to roots" popup window which would say "select/highlight
> selected spin system peaks" which would automatically select the spin system
> peaks at was navigating to.
> Infact if it is not too much to ask i would find both functions extremely
> useful.
>
> Many thanks
> Steve

        R. Bryn Fenwick                Department of Biochemistry,
        [log in to unmask]                University of Cambridge,
        [log in to unmask]        80 Tennis Court Road,
        Tel: +44 1223 766018           Old Addenbrookes Site,
        Fax: +44 1223 766002           Cambridge, CB2 1GA, UK.