This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. --------------- Possible touring exhibition

Dear all

A group comprising the museums of the dentists, optometrists, pharmacists and physicians is contemplating organising a touring exhibition with the provisional title of “Trust me I’m a doctor….dentist, optometrist, pharmacist.” As the name implies it would focus on the journey from early unqualified practitioners to today’s qualified professionals.

The exhibition is planned to consist of around 10 graphic panels, including one designed to have local information added to. The initial intention is that the host venue could add their own cases of relevant objects, if wanted.  We are also considering including a supply of posters to be overprinted for each hiring venue, and master copies of information and/or activity sheets to accompany the main panels. We would be grateful if you could take a look at the following questions and let me know your views. Many thanks.

Do you take travelling exhibitions?

How long on average do you take travelling exhibitions for?

What amount do you pay on average for your exhibitions? (please state for how many weeks)

Would an exhibition with a medical theme be of interest?

Would a touring exhibition be of interest if it consisted of panels but no objects?

Would it be of interest if it consisted of panels but no interactives?

Would you want publicity materials? e.g. posters to overprint

Would you want educational resources? e.g. activity sheets for informal family visits, or suggested National Curriculum links

Briony Hudson
Keeper of the Museum Collections
Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain
1 Lambeth High Street
London
SE1 7JN

tel: 020 7572 2211
fax:020 7572 2499

www.rpsgb.org/museum

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST