This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. --------------- Display cases

Our museum had 5 new Click Mono cases installed 5 years ago.  Due to major refurbishment of this area of our building, we no longer need these cases, and so are looking to sell them.  They consist of 5 separate units, each with a glass door (Abloy locks), 3 glass shelves, and fabric-covered internal panels (cream), within an MDF carcass.  They have fibre-optic lighting (30 heads per case) with each unit having its own light projector.  Each unit has the external dimensions 2120mm high x 730mm wide x 580mm deep.  This includes a cupboard at the base of each unit which holds the fibre-optic light projector.  The size of the glass door is 620mm wide x 1390mm high.  I can supply full specifications/details on request, including the original drawings.

The set of 5 cases cost over £20,000 in the year 2000.  I am suggesting a sale price of £7,500 for all 5, or £1,500 per unit.  I would give priority to a museum that wanted to buy all 5 cases.  The purchaser would also have to cover the cost of transporting the cases.

Please see below for a photo of the cases in situ.  If you would like additional information, or to come to look at the cases, please get in touch.  Please feel free to pass this email on to anyone else who might be interested.

Best wishes

Briony

Briony Hudson
Keeper of the Museum Collections
Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain
1 Lambeth High Street
London
SE1 7JN

tel: 020 7572 2211
fax:020 7572 2499

www.rpsgb.org/museum

ole0.bmp

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST