From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">David Inkey
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 1:23 PM
Subject: [WDL] regina Re: WOMEN's INTERNACIONAL DAY

In a message dated 3/8/06 8:59:43 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

http://arteonline.arq.br/museu/library_pdf/celeida_tostes.pdf/

dear regina...... this won't open for me....... thanks for alerting wdl about intl women's day.....david

---here is my "aging" contribution to "equity...."

Impunity, beyond the pale

Impunity, beyond the pale,
I do critique a We The People(s) mystique…
We may think it is a general rule,
That children should have school.
Boy, Oh Boy… i ask, “who is the fool?”
Education for all, what falderal…

Masculine, you and i, easily qualify,
We fill and make the grade…
We know our gender is the code…
Male is the mode…
Be a girl and chances fail…
Female is placed beyond the pale…
Or, hidden in a veil,
Or, left at home, as if in jail…

What is the innocence and ignorance we reap,
While, with little or no schooling, many daughters
Sew, cook and sweep, our homes do keep…
For their outcaste state,
How might we all weep…
In many a classroom,
Sons get two spaces of every three,
With probable impunity.
With improbable authority,
Unicef in 2003 swears …
Girls education: top priority...

Was it only in '83, a scant score of years ago,
I did plea for school equity…
Now, with an advisor's confession…
I am in regression, Impunity, beyond the pale…

david inkey, the UN poet,  AKA david burleson  unesco advisor to unicef, retired… 12/12/03
Click here: UNICEF - The State of the World's Children 2004
********** * Visit the Writing and the Digital Life blog http://writing.typepad.com * To alter your subscription settings on this list, log on to Subscriber's Corner at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/writing-and-the-digital-life.html * To unsubscribe from the list, email [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and the following text in the body of the message: SIGNOFF WRITING-AND-THE-DIGITAL-LIFE