(It appears that the attachment to my last email failed - so I have pasted
the information below)

Dear all, the journal Surveillance and Society needs your help in
preparing to become a registered charity.  If you could spare us a few
minutes of your time to write us a letter of endorsement we would be
most grateful.
If you are willing to help us please see the details in the letter below.

Dear Colleagues

The editors of Surveillance and Society are currently preparing to make
Surveillance and Society a registered charitable company. This will enable
us to give the journal a firm organisational basis and allow us to have a
wider membership with an expanded portfolio of activities involving a
greater number of people.

One of the requirements we have to fulfil to become a charity is to
demonstrate the charitable nature of our activities.

 The following would constitute charitable objects:

Providing a resource for students and teachers by providing a free source
of scholarly research and links to information on the nature of
contemporary surveillance practice

Providing a first class resource for scholars and researchers by publishing
a peer reviewed, internationally recognised journal, which has established
itself as the leading journal in the field of surveillance studies and
making it freely available to the academic community and beyond .

It would greatly help us if you would be prepared to write some glowing
words about Surveillance and Society confirming that we do indeed meet
these objectives.  If you are prepared to, I would ask you do two things.

 Email your letter of commendation to [log in to unmask]

 Print your letter out on headed notepaper and send a signed copy to:

Professor Clive Norris,
Surveillance and Society, C/O,
Department of Sociological Studies, University of Sheffield
Elmfield, Northumberland Road, Sheffield
S10 2TU, UK

Thanks, Kirstie Ball, Steve Graham, David Lyon, Clive Norris and David
Wood, The editors Surveillance and Society. http://www.surveillance-and-
society.org/