On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Tim Jenness wrote:

> Note that you can build libf95 without needing a gcc source tree or anything.
> The runtime library is simply a library that you untar from within the g95
> source tarball and build separately.

Also note that the g95 developer has hand-crafted his configure files, so
if you go into the libf95 directory and do something like:

  % ./configure --enable-shared

...it won't actually make you a libf95.dylib file. What you'll want to do
is just do './configure ; make', then take the "ar cru libf95.a ..." line,
remove the "ar cru libf95.a", and replace it with "gcc -undefined
dynamic_lookup -single_module -dynamiclib -o libf95.dylib". Also, if you
want to get around having to always set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to wherever you
put libf95.dylib, add "-install_name <DIR>" to the end, setting <DIR> to
where you're going to put libf95.dylib (for me it's in /local-star/lib).
You'll also need to set the MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment variable
to 10.3 before running this, else you'll get a complaint about the
"-undefined dynamic_lookup" flag.

Cheers,
  Brad.