I recall a nice, snappy one-liner that I have used before:

"An EDRMS manages, accesses and stores digital information and content, over its prescribed lifetime, in a disciplined, audited and controlled way".

Regards
Iain

Iain Harrison
Information Management Consultant
Information Management & Contracts
Leicester City Council
0116 252 7606

>>> "Bailey, Trish" <[log in to unmask]> 03/30/06 3:43 pm >>>
I have been asked to define what EDRMS is and am wondering if any of you
know of a standard definition that is well understood and commonly used.
The reason for my asking is that whatever definition I use I will want
to be consistent with its use when giving presentations.   One I have
come across is as follows:

Electronic Document & Records Management System (EDRMS):  the
application of records management principles and techniques to the
systematic handling and control of correspondence and internally
generated documents with a view to their continuing use.

Any feedback/assistance you can give me would be gratefully received.

Regards

Trish

Trish Bailey

Records & Standards Officer

e-Business Team

Borough of Telford & Wrekin

Civic Offices, PO Box 59

Telford  TF3 4WZ

www.telford.gov.uk <http://www.telford.gov.uk/>

Tel:  01952 203172

Fax: 01952 201053

Em:  [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

<http://www.telford.gov.uk>

they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the originator of the message.

states them to be the views of the Borough of Telford & Wrekin

The content of this email has been automatically checked in
conjunction with the relevant policies of the Borough of Telford & Wrekin.