Hello All

I note that the exec committee of the RMS have approved a project to map
IPSV to LGCS and I just wanted to find out more about the benefits of
this.

We are looking at reviewing our FOI publication scheme and are looking
at whether there are benefits of using the IPSV for its
categories/classification. Our thinking being that if we were to adopt
the LGCS for our records classification scheme, - we would be able to
benefit from the mapping by being able to link records that are
available for publication straight to the scheme.

Is anybody else looking at doing this, (is this one of the intentions of
the mapping) or are there other benefits to consider, (populating
metadata)?

I'd be grateful for thoughts from anybody on their use of the IPSV and
LGCS, - or details of the reasons behind the RMS project.

Many thanks

Caroline Ives
Corporate Records Officer
Salford City Council

DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  As a public body, Salford City Council may be required to disclose this email [or any response to it] under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, unless the information in it is covered by one of the exemptions in the Act.  Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error.  For the full disclaimer please access http://www.salford.gov.uk/e-mail.  Thank you.