OK - this might be a piece of string type question, but I'm looking for
averages here.  I realise no one council department is the same as
another...

We have a simple records management procedure : do a file audit, develop
labels, stick them on, throw away duplicates etc...

How long would this take in a typical Environment department?  This
question arises from a need to justify resources... we're looking at pilots
for sections at present and could extrapilate - but I was wondering if
anyone had "done" a whole department and if so how long in man/staff hours
it took - also an idea of approximate number of records would be good.

Thanks,
Tim