If I understand your problem, I would think you could code a description of 'mind' for specific relations, as describe according to specific theories,  and use the modeling function in NVivo to view a schematic of relations for each theoretical perspective.

Dale

From: qual-software [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of C. M. Valmaseda
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2006 9:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Conceptual relations for different cases/theories. NVivo 7

Hi all,

Is there anyone trying to use qualitative software to compare theories?

I'm trying to compare the relations that a concept has for different authors (or interviewed people), or in different theories; i.e I'd like to compare (just to be able to display in the screen separately and immediately) an scheme of the relations that a concept like "mind" maintains with other concepts for someone I have interviewed, another for an author like Chalmers, another for Functionalism, and so on...

But I don’t want to create a new code for each one (like Chalmers-mind, Functionalism-mind...), just to filter the relations when I want to focus on one/some of them.

Any ideas?

Does anyone have experience doing something similar?

The main programs I'm using right now is NVivo 7 (demoing) and Atlas.ti 5.0, but if there were a software able to manage this better, please, let me know it...

Thanks in advance,

Costa