I was funnin, Alison. Tho the changes of language
have made bang a lot funnier than it used to be.

A lot of what poets love has to do, I think, with
what we find useful for our own work, and
Prufrock is no use at all for me. That said, I'd
hate to be remembered for some pretty lines, no
matter how pretty, no matter how Pre-Raphaelite,
in an otherwise somewhat noxious poem. And I'll
admit to having very little tolerance for dramatic monologues.

Mark