i must admit for this snap i haven't managed to look up from the page:

I worked in building 11.

I pulled a lot of gadgets on a machine.

The shell slid under and powder went into it.

Another lever you pulled tamped it down.

Then it moved on a conveyor belt to another building where the detonator was
dropped in.

You did this over and over.

Tetryl was one of the ingredients and it turned us orange.

Just as orange as an orange.

Our hair was streaked orange.

Our hands, faces, necks just turned orange, even our eyeballs.

Coca-Cola and Dr. Pepper were allowed in every building, but not a drop of
water.

You could only get a drink of water if you went to the cafeteria, which was
about two city blocks away.

Of course, you couldn’t leave your machine for long enough to go get a
drink.