From: "Robin Hamilton" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 10:54 PM
Subject: Re: help--translation query--Anglo-Cornish

> Yes, it is a lovely verse.
>
> But surely the use of 'Christ' here is an interjection rather than part of the main sentence
> structure?  [JB]

Um, yes, didn't think of that.

In these terms, there may be one which *may* be syntactically closer (and
yes, I *should* read the entire thread before pitching in, but ... ) --
"Lord, you called to me ... "

    Louerd, thu clepedest me
    And ich naght ne ansuarede the
    Bute wordes scloe and sclepie:
    'Thole yet, thole a litel.'
    Bute 'yiet and yiet' was endelis
    And 'thole a litel' a long way is.

[  As a matter of strictly tangential interest, or perhaps not, two versions
of this are incorporated in a poem entitled "Regarding the World" on pages
84-86 of _Pacts and Conjurations_ (available for £10.95 from Arrowhead
press, in the unlikely case anyone still doesn't have a copy.)  ]

R.Rodent