From: "Roger Day" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, March 12, 2006 11:14 PM
Subject: Re: help--translation query

When I did my course in Caen, we had a Breton teacher and she sang
Breton folk songs. Beautiful she was, in voice and looks. Now the
English, well, they were dead sarcastic til I pointed out that the
Bretons wanted autonomy as much as the next person. Political she was
in her song.

Sketty - that's the Gower right? My mother never had a good word for
the Gower, but then she was never artistic. Or very Welsh. Typically,
though, she held long-running feuds with  her siblings, except the
dead ones. Even there, the peat smoulders still.

I got beat to fuck in Caerphilly ("the double diamond club") on my
cousins account.  I ended up in a Liverpool hospital for 2 days. It
still hurts. l love Swansea and Caerdydd though.

One aspect of my love of welsh has been my desire for song in my
poetry. Can't get away from it. The words have to sing with each
other, see? Otherwise it isn't...right.

Roger

--
http://www.badstep.net/