This has a very subdued tone - in keeping with the message(s).
It's lovely.

Tina

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lawrence Upton" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 8:13 PM
Subject: snap

Out the train window

It is, I'd say, no longer what I see...
I find, nowadays, I don't do all that well -
some blue-topped dwelling packs east of Reading...
winds of river and several canal gates -

I know where I am. It is familiar -
spatters of sharp sunshine fill in my sight,
turning trackside gravel into hard snow,
and I am lost in that for that instant...

That's another point, isn't it, of course -
Here are no surprises. It has become dull.
wishing another journey, some quick way

for the ordinary to be found as still extraordinary,
composing itself to shocking baggy perception,
strong hale cognition surpassing itself