> I'm quite sure that many list members are hardly strangers to financial
> difficulties or personal grief or social marginalisation. Even if they
were
> not, it's no license to troll.

Alison, this is poor language. Whom exactly have I been 'trolling' whatever
that off-the-peg slang word exactly means?

I have no personal attacks on anyone on this list in this, erm, debate, the
only personalised remarks have been directed at me, but I'm used to stuff
like that.

Reality: just been round with Victoria on her morning walk, she has to do
these as she might end up in hospital, she grips my arm with fear at the
traffic, we need, after 9 am, to get her phone reconnected, contact the Red
Cross for a better walking frame for her, sort out a doctor's appointment,
find out, if possible, whever her second eldest will be going to court in
Nottingham this week (we know he'll get sent down btw) this while I've got
one eye open because of conjunctivitis while living in fear of a resurgence
of my own demon of alcoholism (which is a condition I'd wish on nobody)

Now I hope that sketch gives a whiff of where I am and that it makes clear
that listserve squabbles are peripheral to me. Btw I consider myself very
lucky that I have people like Vicky who share their human love with me.

Very lucky fella indeed.

Best

Dave